Monday, July 5, 2010

FINALLY....

It's about time I know, but school has been keeping me busy and unfortunately has taken away from my project time. So, here is what I have managed to accomplish over the last several months.

Back in April my mom called and asked if I wanted a chair. She had seen it sitting on the curb and I accepted it into my home with open arms. It needed a face lift, but had tons of potential.


I stripped her down and this is what she looked like. I thought she was pretty comfortable already so I didn't add any padding.


Now it took me some time to find the right fabric. I wanted something simple and not to intricate. And since it was my first re-upholstery project I wanted to to be simple. In that process of finding fabric I stumbled upon one of my new favorite stores. SAS fabric store on Indian School. OMG, so much fabric, so many options, and fantastic prices. Most places like Joannes home fabrics run around $30 a yard, well I got mine for only $3.99! And I can't wait to go back.

So after months of this chair sitting in the corner of my living room partially finished I used my off time to get it finished. Here she is....


She is a great addition to our living room and I am glad that it is done. And for my first re-upholstery I am kinda proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great!! I am happy you found a new hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a loveseat I need to have reupholstered. Wanna do it? You did a great job!

    Nancy Smith (Diane's friend)

    ReplyDelete