Friday, May 7, 2010

Spice Rack

I found these spice bottles at goodwill for $2. I didn't love the look on them and was very prepared to put in some good effort to get all of the paint off of them. Well, I was truly mistaken. I soaked them in soap and water over night and they were spiffy clean when I woke up. no effort needed.


And then I found this rack at DI for $1. Actually I bought 3 spice racks and had to figure out which one fit best on the wall. Then black spray paint to coat the rack and the tops of the jar.


And I tried something new and bought some chalkboard paint. Taped off all of the jars and put a few coats on. It dries fairly quickly!! And is so fun.
And here is the final product.



It fills the blank space much better.

The wall above my stove was a little bare so I decided to clean out my spice cabinet a little bit. So here is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment